EXTENDED PROTECTION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What coverage levels does the Protection Plan offer?
What additional customer benefits are available under both the Silver and Platinum Protection Plan coverage levels?
1. TOWING/ROAD SERVICE AND LOST KEY & LOCKOUT
2. RENTAL VEHICLE REIMBURSEMENT
3. EMERGENCY TRIP INTERRUPTION REIMBURSEMENT
Where should I get my vehicle repaired?
What deductible levels are available?
What is a Disappearing Deductible and how does it work?
How does that differ from the One-Time Deductible?
How does this Protection Plan compare to the GM Certified Pre-Owned vehicle coverage?
The GM Certified Pre-Owned program provides a 12-Month/12,000-Mile (from date of purchase) Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty, whichever comes first, along with 5-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty coverage from the new-vehicle in-service date, whichever comes first.
Every Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle comes with a transferable 5-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, plus Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation.
Both the New- and Used-vehicle Protection Plans can begin when the GM Certified Pre-Owned coverage expires, for whatever time and mileage option you choose to purchase. For more information, see the sections covering the New-Vehicle Plans, Used-Vehicle Plans, Component Coverage, and Additional Customer Benefits.
What is the Commercial Use Surcharge?
Does the Commercial Use Surcharge exclude any vehicles?
Is coverage under the Protection Plan transferrable to a subsequent owner?
What are the time and mileage options for new vehicles under the Protection Plan?
- 36 months or 45,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 36 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 36 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first*
- 39 months or 39,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 39 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 48 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 48 months or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 48 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first*
- 60 months or 40,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 60 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 60 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first*
- 72 months or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 72 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 72 months or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 72 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first*
- 84 months or 56,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 84 months or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 84 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first*
Are there time and mileage options for used vehicles under the Protection Plan?
- 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first
- 48 months or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first
For used vehicles, when does the Protection Plan contract or term of the contract start and end?
What components does the Silver Level Protection Plan cover?
- Engine covered components
- Transmission covered components
- Transfer Case covered components
- Drive Axle covered components
- Steering covered components
- Brake covered components
- Electrical and enhanced electrical covered components
- Factory-installed air Conditioning covered components
- Seals and gasket coverage*
*Seals and gaskets of covered components designed to prevent the loss of necessary coolants, lubricants, and fluids are covered.
For a complete list of the specific components covered under the categories above, see Silver Covered Component List or the customer contract.
Does the electrical component coverage include items such as OnStar, factory navigation systems, and factory-installed video components?
What components does the Platinum Level Protection Plan cover?
The Platinum Plan coverage includes most components on the vehicle, including all components covered by the Silver plan. Components that are not covered are those listed on the Platinum Exclusion List and the customer contract.
Plans referenced in this offer are not contracts of insurance; they are vehicle service contracts (except in AK, CA and NJ, where the plans are sold as mechanical breakdown insurance; which is not the same as bodily injury/property damage liability automobile insurance that may be required by your state). Information provided in this offer is for illustration/summary purposes only. Terms and conditions apply; be sure to read the Schedule of Coverages, Provisions and Exclusions sections of the vehicle service contract so you fully understand what coverage you and your vehicle are eligible for. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions of the plan, please contact the Administrator toll-free at 1-877-265-6708 or by writing to PO Box 927, Bedford, TX 76095.
Vehicle service contract coverage is provided and administered by AMT Warranty Corp. (except in Florida, the vehicle service contract obligor/provider and administrator is Wesco Insurance Company, 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038, LICENSE #01913). These plans are marketed by an AMT Warranty Corp. subsidiary. AMT Warranty Corp. and Wesco Insurance Company are not affiliated with any manufacturer or dealership.
Roadside Assistance Services are provided by Nation Safe Drivers, 800 Yamato Rd. Suite 100, Boca Raton, Florida 33431 (except as otherwise noted for your state in the terms and conditions).